Our vision for children and young people at Royal School for the Deaf Derby:
- To have confidence in developing their own deaf identity and their sense of belonging.
- To feel safe, happy and cared for in an environment where all children are listened to, can express their views and are understood whatever their preferred communication.
- To be challenged to achieve their best through excellent teaching, a comprehensive curriculum and a wide variety of experiences from Early Years to 16 Plus.
- To work in an environment that encourages lifelong learning, and equips our children and young people with the tools and skills to achieve.
- To be tolerant and inclusive, so all children and young people are able to build effective relationships based on empathy, friendship and respect.
- To have excellent access to communication support.
We promote the following values for children and young people at Royal School for the Deaf Derby:
- To have a ‘can do’ attitude to achieve to their potential with positive deaf and hearing role models
- To understand, respect and promote British Values and culture within the school and wider community.
- To feel comfortable, safe and happy within both school and residence.
- To enjoy and thrive in a school rich in cultures, languages and experiences.
- To make sure all children and young people have the opportunity to become responsible adults and leave ready to enjoy the challenges of life beyond school.